Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cookbook odyssey

My wife Deborah is on a mission to create every one of the recipies in the "ONE WORLD VEGETARIAN COOKBOOK" by Troth Wells.  (sounds like a movie, and it is a bit disconcerting to eat recipes made by a man named TROTH: are we to line up with our hands behind our back and dig in like we are after holloween apples?) Last night we had # one  "Baba ghanoush", or eggplant dip. It was fluffy and pretty good.  The blender was in use during its creation for 20 minutes, but the results were better than satisfactory, for it was very nice.  It would go with many things -- Italian Sausage -- hot sauces could be added -- and any dipping chip or bread.  Anyways I am sure to be tasting many different vegetarian dishes in the next few years so I am prepared to have the courage to tell her if they are not pleasing, because why should I eat something that I do not like twice and the truth will set one free. I am lucky to have a good chef in the family who is willing to experiment, and I am happy to taste away.

No comments:

Post a Comment