Followers

Monday, September 3, 2012

Reality and nervous

My grandson and I are thinking about a positive start to the school year.
Here I sit in my classroom with school about to begin and I am nervous.  The butterflies are real, and the stress is amazing.  This is my 34th year and yet I feel like a rookie: why is this?  It is my hope that I want to do so well that I fear failure, and in the case of a teacher/coach, failure is anything short of perfection.  Yes I can teach and coach: can I teach and coach with total passion and compassion?  Will I make stupid regrettable mistakes or will I handle even the tough situations with dignity and grace.  Remembering all the times I said the wrong thing, at the wrong time, in the wrong place, makes me shutter.  Saying your sorry is the right thing to do, but not making the mistake is the best thing to do.

I hope that my classes and my team learn to respect me, and that I am up to the task of having a perfect semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment