Followers

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Recipe # 2

My sweet wife made the second recipe in the One World Vegetarian Cookbook: Besari Dip.  It is my opinion that the ingrediants that makes up this concoction are fine, but the tomato pie I had with it far out-shined the dip. The Besari  was delicate and fluffy: it was served with heated chips and white grapes, as well as a fine red wine, but the grapes and the red wine were better than the Besari.  Now mind you that I have no real sensitive taste buds left, so I need tangy-sweet- sour-or something less light to stimulate my excitement for food, so this creation may please 9 out of 10 people.  It did not displease me, but I would not order it in a restaurant.  Two down--I am enjoying this.

2 comments:

  1. This was a middle eastern white bean dip with fresh mint and lemon - served with warmed pita chips. Delicately flavored - and yummy in my opinion, but not amenable to hot sauce for those who prefer a bit more spice (as does my husband)!

    ReplyDelete