Write the first paragraph of the Causes of the War of 1812 paper.
(link to short movie/article on war of 1812)
Below is the history department expectations for your essays: read it as a guide to your paper.
Essay expectations for US History Students at Berkshire School.
A. Introduction (at least 3 three sentences but often this is not sufficient.)
1. Clear description of topic
2. A concise thesis Statement—this this will include specific historical points that illustrate the point of the paper.
3. Excellent quotations often enhance the quality of introductory paragraphs. This often separates great from mediocre papers—use credible sources!
1. Clearly written paragraphs that provide supporting evidence to the thesis.
2. Counter arguments should be described and disproven when appropriate.
3. Body paragraphs should include factual material and proper citations.
1. Re-emphasize the thesis statement with more evidence to prove the author’s point.
D. In non-testing situations a works cited page is required.